Contributing to Blackfire at MageTestFest 2019
Learn all there is to know about profiling and performance testing. Then contribute to Blackfire!
At MageTestFest’s Contribution Day, you can become a contributor of Blackfire.io, the PHP profiling and testing tool!
Beyond measuring the resources consumed by your code, Blackfire is able to detect bad patterns in your code, and recommend improvements.
You have an expertise on what do do/what not to do on Magento code? You can write the next official Blackfire recommendation!
- Create an account on Blackfire.io
- Start the free trial (don’t worry, we can reset this during the Contribution Day)
- Try writing your first assertion!
And on D-Day, we’ll be there to help you, and review your contributions.
If your work is merged in the official list of recommendations, we’ll be happy to reward you and credit you for your work!
For any questions, just reach out to email@example.com.
This all sounds great, but you don’t know where to get started?
Agency Dn’D will be delivering a performance profiling and testing workshop at MageTestFest, before the contribution day. Contents:
- Theory on PHP profiling and performance measurement;
- Presentation of the basic profiling features of Blackfire and other tools (New Relic, Magento Profiler,…);
- Exercises for attendees to find and fix performance issues in a code sample;
- Presentation of the testing features;
- Exercises to write performance tests.
Make sure to register to the training workshop now!