Creating generative art (with PHP!)
Alex Vanderbist, Web Developer at Spatie, used on one of his Laravel applications, and shares his story.
In January 2021, Laracon Europe took place online. During the conference, we got a chance to have several sessions on using Blackfire on Laravel applications.
Alex Vanderbist, Web Developer at Spatie, had actually used Blackfire a couple of months back on one of his applications, and took this opportunity to share his story.
Here are the excerpt and the video:
Art is cool. Code is cool. Let’s combine the two together and create generative art using PHP. How does that even work and can we make it performant? When looping over millions of shapes and pixels, that extra millisecond does count! But only if you can measure it.
In a visual, practical, and light-hearted 30 minutes we’ll build a generative art algorithm and optimize it from taking minutes to seconds.
Here are all of the other Blackfire sessions:
- Getting Started with Profiling Laravel Code
- Blackfire Under the Hood
- Getting Details on Outstanding SQL Requests
- Defining and Using Key Metrics to Master Performance Measurements
- APMs, Profilers & Static Analyzers Who’s who
- Performance is a Feature. It Should Be Tested as Such.
- The Power of Distributed Profiling
Give Blackfire a try!